Most Frequently Asked Questions
These are a collection of FAQ's that may have already been answered elsewhere on the site, but none-the-less are sometimes missed. We've compiled the most frequent of those questions and made them available for an answer here. We will also include helpful links that you can use in regards to each of these questions.
- How long does the adoption process take?
- Who sees information I provide the rescue?
- How can I set up a meet and greet with a dog?
- Do you adopt outside of the adoption area?
- What items are accepted for donation?
- How do you ensure your dogs are in good homes?
Questions About Stray Animals
K9 Kindness Rescue complies with state and local codes enacted by each district it operates in. As such there are some things we can do, and many things we can't do. You can find an outline of that here. In addition, you may also find answers to questions regarding where dogs and pets tend to come from in our rescue, who to call if you notice a stray and more.
- Can I call you if I notice a stray dog?
- Who can I contact if the humane society is closed?
- Who should I contact if my pet is lost?
- Where do you get your pets from?
- Who can I contact if my dog is sick or in distress?
Questions About Fostering
Fostering is one of the biggest ways you can help a dog in need. It's a win for everyone. On the one hand, it gives you the opportunity to help a dog that is in dire need of a second chance. On the other hand, it also gives us a unique ability to determine what the dog actually needs when it finds it's furever home. Check out some of these FAQ's written by an actual foster parent...
- Will I get to meet the potential adopters?
- How long do foster dogs tend to stay?
- What if my foster dog gets sick?
- Who covers the costs of routine vet visits?
- Who pays for food?
- What else is expected from me?
- What if fostering just doesn't work out?